2.02.2009

YESTERDUH

The other night I went to a friend's and had my first taste of the wii experience. We played American Idol. I volunteered to sing first, selecting Madonna's Holiday. I got really super nervous and sang the whole thing in falsetto. When I was finished Virtual Randy was like "Dawg, that was terrible." Even Virtual Paula was hating. My friends were like "Um, they aren't usually that harsh." In typical Idol fashion, I blame everything but myself, but mostly the limited song selection. Where's the C86?

And Virtual Randy better be careful.

Afterwards, my friend Elspeth destroyed My Heart Will Go On. PERFECT SCORE.

All this amateur singing reminded me of Yesterduh, a sound piece by the artist Brian Joseph Davis in which multiple tracks of street solicited people sing Yesterday from memory.

Yesterduh (2006)

No comments:

CATEGORIES