6.21.2009

TODAY IS GOING TO BE THE LONGEST DAY

Something to know: A bike ride through Puerto Rican Day traffic is a high stress endeavor. I've never seen so many gleeful expressions and dudes holding comically huge flags. I felt a little left out really. I don't even know where to get flags that big, much less what nation I might endorse.

Nepal obviously has the best flag:



but I imagine a whole sea of people waving Macedonian flags would really impress the bewildered cyclist.



ANYWAY, J.J. Cale is really good. I only discovered this recently. I'm always looking for big, emphatic feelings songs, but sometimes I just want music to sound pleasant and bored. Apparently classic rock equal parts bored and pleasant is called the "Tulsa Sound." I've never been to Tulsa, but judging from its sound, I'm guessing it's pretty boring but also really chill.


J.J. Cale - Cherry


J.J. Cale - Mona

No comments:

CATEGORIES